Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Romantics Unite!

Every time I watch a Jane Austen movie, I am always fixated on the scenes where someone receives a letter- sealed with wax, elaborately folded, the recipient quickly unfurls the folds to read the gorgeous lettering within.
So this year for our Hello Handmade valentines, Shanna and I decided to take a cue from Austen's era and create these lovely Regency Valentines! Hand-painted and hand-lettered, folded in the regency style, and sealed with striped washi paper tape and wax, these personalized, customizable valentines are truly something spectacular, if I do say so myself. And 10% of each valentine sale is going to the American Red Cross relief for Haiti, which makes them even more special.
Just wanted to share some love with you today.... xo

6 comments:

Carlene said...

This is so beautiful, you are so gifted! And benefitting a wonderful cause, too.

Anne Zimmerman said...

These are insanely beautiful. Will you really just compose a message if I want to send one to myself? I am not beyond that -- what a beautiful gift for me!

brittney perry said...

the excerpt you chose from Persuasion is one of my favorites. "I have loved none but you"

mmm

la femme said...

Oh my goodness! I feel exactly the same way when watching historical films. I think I might stoop to getting one just for myself... is that sad? :) They're so beautiful!

Unknown said...

Betsy,
I have seen your work in Martha Stewart Weddings and online in Mae Mae Paperie's blog. So much beauty in your letter forms and obvious creative spirit in your work. I love what I have seen so far and hope I can convince my clients to use your services.
Kerry
-
Olive & Emerald

Merissa Revestir said...

My goodness this is super romantic and crazy GORGEOUS! Love it so much! Beautiful calligraphy, bird, envelope, paper, seal...all of it! I wish this was in my mailbox!