Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Tucson CSA

We're subscribing to a share in our local CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) this fall, and this was the initial week of the fall session. I'm super excited about the prospect of eating locally grown, organic produce every week, and I really do think it is a good value....you have to pay for the entire three months up front, but when you break it down it comes out to less than $20 dollars a week. It is a constant challenge to get Nick to eat the vegetables I buy, so hopefully this will help in bolstering the enthusiasm around here. A couple of you were curious about the quantity/ variety each week would have to offer, so I will try to remember to take a little photo shoot each week to document the bounty!
We also bought some locally produced honey, which I read somewhere is supposed to help with allergies. We'll see!

No comments: