Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Sugar cones



I find myself doing some really fascinating projects sometimes- not just your standard envelopes and place cards. I have been working with a great couple for the past couple of months, doing all of their wedding materials. They got married this past weekend on a historic plantation in Virginia. Apparently, a cone of sugar wrapped in paper and sealed with wax is a traditional favor for events held at this plantation, so they had me write all of the guests' names on these lovely, awkward little cones. Hundreds of them. It was definitely the heaviest job I have ever taken to ship....almost broke my back and the bank! But I definitely loved the challenge.

Here is this week's CSA share.

2 comments:

nikole said...

interesting, those are really great.

l.alden said...

Do you know where I could purchase these sugar cones? I am having a VA wedding and love this idea.