Thursday, March 19, 2009

Lemon Tart with Pinenut Crust

Okay, I admit it. We stole some lemons. But they were on a huge tree! In the yard of an abandoned house! They were going to go to waste! So we took some, and I made this tart, the recipe found here. This tart is amazing. I could eat it every day for the rest of my life and probably never get tired of it- although I probably wouldn't fit into my favorite jeans anymore. But it might be worth it. And there is something so relaxing about the process of making the sabayon (the filling). Does anyone else find themselves doing some seriously productive pondering while they are baking?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yum...thanks for sharing! I would think of your lemon escapade as doing a good deed. Really. I do ponder while cooking...but more while I'm cleaning. I clean especially well and thoughtfully when I'm upset about something.

B Dunlap said...

Ooh Kristi, I totally can relate to the upset cleaning mode....my house looks amazing when I'm mad!
Let's get together soon!