Friday, October 12, 2007

Tarts for Every Season

Well I have no idea why I feel the need to post about all these summery foods way after the fact, but I really don't want to let the photos go to waste!
This is the tart I made for Nick on Easter morning this year. This tradition was started last year, on our honeymoon in Paris (!), when Nick went out and brought me back a fresh fruit tart on Easter morning, before we headed to Notre Dame for the Easter service. We decided to make it a tradition--the tart, that is, not Easter in Paris! This was a Bon Appetit-inspired strawberry tart, with an orange-scented, creamy filling. A little too rich for me, but Nick thoroughly enjoyed it!
Well now I am dying to make this Cranberry Chocolate Tart, featured in this month's Bon Appetit. I don't know about those crystallized ginger strips, but the rest of the recipe looks divine. Here is the link!
Cranberry Chocolate Tart

No comments: